Sunday, December 20, 2009

A successful saturday

so kathryn is on Day 5 and she is starting to want regular food again...pretzel sticks, gold fish, chicken nuggets, candy... you know, stuff that would hurt her throat. i've tried to get close to normal eating, but i'm not pushing our luck...but she wanted pickles, and she must've eaten 20 sliced pickles today...i didn't really think it would be bad, but looking back...it may have burned a bit. she was doing good right up until midnight when she started coughing and then crying and i could tell something wasn't right. i got her up and gave her some pain medicine as quick as i could, and she kept trying to cough like there was something to cough up...and i looked in her mouth, and i could see blood by her teeth...her scabs were starting to come off... i tried to convince her to spit the stuff out, but she kept trying to swallow it. she had something come out of her nose, maybe an adenoid scab and she spit up a small amount of blood but not much...from what i could see, the scabs at the top of her throat were still there, so looks like the next 2 days are going to be rough for her. i think we're going to have to stay home from church.

i bought paint! that makes it official! (i picked a color!) it really took me a while to decide on a color, and i'm wanting it to work. it was between two colors, and i can't wait to see what it looks like on the walls. i had a $50 gift card to Lowes that was given to us for the purpose of painting, and that was what i would use it for! i ended up getting 2 gallons to paint the living/breakfast/hall area...we'll have to see how far it goes. i also ran across a mis-tinted gallon that was clearanced for $5... valspar signature satin finish, which would work, and it was a nice green, not the right green, but i had imagined turning it to aqua and possibly painting the masterbath with it, well, she ran out of room in the can, so the color isn't exactly what i had in mind, but it's nice none the less, so i may stick with it and paint the craft room that color or i may dump some paint out and see if i can't get them to mess with it some more. either way, i got a $32 gallon of paint for $5! i couldn't pass it up. (the color worked)

i watched the Saints game at my in-laws, and man, that was a sad game. too bad they couldn't have a perfect season. i wonder if they'll make the superbowl. we'll have to see.

so i've been looking through some old pictures, and i came across quite a few that just made me smile. i'm working on a project to scan negatives from my printer to my pc, and my printer can do that! it is so completely awesome! i have begun to hate the thing, but now it has redeemed itself. maybe i'll keep it as a scanner and get a new printer, one that has cheaper ink!!!


this picture must be from 1995 or so, my sisters and me with my dad. from left to right: natalie, dad, me, jenn, steph. at my grandparents old house off of greenwell springs rd.

and i just love this one. what a classic of my dad with his brother Brent. they were pretty young! and handsome!

and i am working on those goals, getting closer...

3 comments:

Jamie Hamilton said...

Poor Katherine, that coughing episode sounded rough.
That's exciting about the paint. I need to get some paint (still want to paint Allison's room, my room, and the bathrooms and kitchen), too. After almost three years, it's about time!

Jenn said...

Wow I was wondering about all those pics you were supposed to scan for us like...what was it 3 years ago! When you feel like giving some of them up or at least the ones I wanted.. I'd like to scan them in my computer so I can get busy on putting them in albums! Thanks for watching over them :)

Jolie said...

Cute pic of u guys! I remember that house well. Angie and I used to play in the field across the street...when u guys were little. Great pic of Ur Dad and Uncle Brent. You guys look sooo much like them! Congrats on the paint. I love fixin up da house! Enjoy!