Friday, November 14, 2008

i hate deadlines.

and that would be why i could never actually be an architect (that's for amanda)

so i kept putting off making the bedding for my nephew, and finally when steph told me a little less than 2 weeks away when she was going to have her shower, i decided, i'd better get on it. i figured two weeks is plenty of time! but i forgot to factor in that i am a mom of 2 kids that never stop needing me, and it seems as if every time i need to work on something, they decide they need me more. i think the bumper pads turned out great for my first time for sure! the quilt on the other hand...i'm not even going into that other than, i only had 4 days to work with...minus all the time my kids demanded my attention, and the day i hung out with nats and helped clean up a few areas of my mom's house. so i kept thinking, all i have to do is this, this, this, and this (assembling the quilt) that shouldn't take long at all...unless you are in a hurry and you sew something backwards, and have to rip it out...twice. see that is the problem with me and a sewing project. i have to concentrate, and i like to do things start to finish in one go. around my house, that is impossible. so there is almost a guarantee that something will go wrong, fixable, but, still a set back. and so here i am trying to finish the quilt the last day i have (shower is tomorrow) (if i don't give it to her then, i'll never finish it!) and so lets just leave it at that, the majority of work was done in one day, with plenty of interruptions, and, i am just glad it's complete. i feel like i have a life now!!! 

i would post pictures, but now i get to make oreo balls for the shower tomorrow. and it's midnight...maybe i'll just cover oreos in chocolate. i am pooped and i don't want to feel like i am running out of time. AHHHH. oh well. anyhow, i am going to take a break. i just want to kick back and relax tomorrow. to bad it isn't MY birthday tomorrow. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENN!! hope you have a good time!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I am terrible with deadlines, too. When I was teaching I would always end up staying up until 2 a.m. working on grades the night before they were due each 6 weeks. By the time I stopped teaching I had finally gotten to a point where I wasn't so bad, but it took me three years to get there. I have since regressed. Procrastination has always been one of my vices.

I'm impressed, baby bedding, wow. I can't wait to see pictures of this.

Jessica said...

you gotta share the oreo ball recipe. that sounds great.
and i bet it looks great. and if somebody is looking too close, just punch them in the eye.