Monday, October 26, 2009

power of prayer, calorie counting, pictures


i am so grateful for the power of prayer. it's even nicer when you're prayers are answered quickly. it just reiterates how much my heavenly father loves me.

on friday i stepped on what i now know to be a wire flag that marks the utility line (which was cut to grass height) and it was rusty. i was really worried about getting tetanus and when i woke up early saturday morning and it hurt so bad i cried, i was really worried. i was saying prayers having faith that it would get better, that i would get help. and saturday morning my MIL and SIL took Kathryn with a few others to the zoo. that really helped, and they also brought me crutches and that helped alot. then my foot started feeling a little better to where i could hobble on it. my mom came and brought me epsom salt to soak my foot in and kept me company, and kathryn came back at 6. well, today is monday 3 days later, and my jaw isn't locked and i can actually put a little bit of pressure on my heel. it seems to be healing well. thank you Lord for helping heal me!

and last night as i took a soak (i always get some great ideas in the tub/shower) i decided i really wanted to get in shape and have a better well-being in all aspects of life. i just decided i was ready to be better, to change. so along the lines of heath - i decided i want to loose 10 lbs (no time limit) and eat healthier. i've never really paid attention to how many calories were in what i was eating, cuz if i wanted it it didn't matter, i was eating it anyway. well, now that i am not as active and have developed some bad eating habits, i am seeing the effects! haha. and i want to change. well, i decided i would keep a meal diary with what i eat, how many calories it is, how much fat and carbs and let me just say! WOW! i was quite surprised with how many calories things are! what i noticed even more as i worked out is how long it takes to burn off a small amount of calories! so now i am far more aware, and i'm trying to make healthier food choices and cut back on the sweeter things. lol. i also made a few goals. or maybe i am recommitted to my new years resolutions.

enjoying the weather with the kids is one thing i love to do! we had a picnic of grilled cheese sandwiches and milk and even henry came outside to eat.








kathryn is funny


daniel's first motorcycle ride with daddy. he had fun.

turns out daniel grew 2 molars at the bottom and i didn't even know it! the boy is just always happy and smiling. teething never bothered him much. (lucky for me)

No comments: