Friday, October 16, 2009

Best friends



Well, i know this might sound silly, but my whole chest aches right now, like a break up with a boyfriend. only, i don't have a boyfriend, i have a best friend. and we didn't "break up", she left today. they are moving to arizona. i suppose i should have known this day was coming, but it's different this time, she no longer has the option to come live back in walker, we will never be able to hang out "another day", no her time spent here will be precious mere visits, and there will be very little time spent with me. i will be left wishing i had gotten more time.

i am a best friend kind of person, very loyal, and giving when it comes to my best friend. i haven't had many in my lifetime, so when i lose one, it's like losing my other half. what will i do with out her? i don't make friends easily, so i am left friendless once again.

but as i try to hold back the tears and move on for the sake of the kids, i realize they lost their best friends too. this morning kathryn said on the way home, "i want to be Allison's friend, i want to share zizzy(her absolute favorite toy) with her" it just made me cry. i don't even know why. i suppose i see a lot of my troubles in finding friends in her. she wants that best friend, and so do i.

alas, i have learned and grown a lot since Amanda has come into my life, and i hope i can find someone to occupy my days like she did. of course we will still have ways of communication, but we can all miss the company one brings.

thanks for being my friend in the gospel that i so needed Amanda! you're presence will be very missed.

so i'd just like to recognize all those best friends out there. with out best friends, well, we just wouldn't be who we are.



p.s. somehow we didn't ever take any pictures together!!! what the heck!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Sorry she is leaving. I felt similarly when Jared & Courtney and then Helen & Heber left last year. Things haven't been the same around here, but somehow you move on and still keep living.

Jolie said...

That is tough, Omi. I miss Nic ALL the time. I have made a couple life long friends here, I think. Not sure if anyone will ever no sooooo much about me, still love me and understand me like Nic did. I miss her! keep in touch with ur friend....it is hard but worth it.