Monday, January 19, 2009

A Total Money Makeover

So I finally decided to just read the book The Total Money Makeover to john, while he played his video games and kids were entertained/sleeping, and i feel like we are finally on the same page. he's been in agreement with me on some issues, but i wanted him to see where i was coming from, why i wanted to be so intense...and i think he gets it now. we shall see. i like how Dave talks about being GAZELLE INTENSE. we are going to do it! we've been in the process for a while, but we weren't both in it together in the past. so with arms locked we're beginning to run full force into our debt and begin the snowball...it's like the game "Red Rover" where you try to break the chain of arms in front of you. well let me tell you...we're gonna break free! if anyone out there hasn't heard about Dave Ramsey you've got to check it out. it will change your life. 

we've set a goal to be completely debt free (and we can say that, because we don't have a mortgage) by the end of the year!!! we only have about...roughly $15,200 to go. so we'll see. i'll post updates every now and again to let you know how we are doing!

3 comments:

Jamie Hamilton said...

Joe and I got that book for Christmas from his older brother. We haven't started reading it yet but we do plan on reading it soon. I'm excited to hear your progress.

Jenn said...

Gosh I wish we only had that to pay off. Good that you are trying to get rid of it though before buying a house. We had NO debt when we bought our house and now seems everything has fallen apart and we are now into the boat everyone else is in. Only I'm the one working, that's it. can't get too far that way. It's almost been 5 years now that I have read that book and I'm so glad I did. Funny the things you learn on your own and not for your parents. Love you little sissy! BTW did I introduce you to that? Can't remember...

Omi said...

yes Jenn, you sure did tell me about it. you casually told me about it once, then when i went off about financial issues one day you told me about the baby steps and the book the total money makeover. then i got it and it's all because you spread the word!! i love you for that!