Saturday, October 4, 2008

super woman

wow what a day i have had. 

i washed, dried, folded and put away 6 loads of laundry. 
i changed the sheets on all 3 beds
i vacuumed the entire house
i mopped all the tile in the house
i washed the dishes
i made a few batches of baby food for daniel
i made dinner
i cut out some diaper patterns
and of course amidst all of the above, i fed, diapered, and entertained daniel and kathryn.

so man, all i need to do now is get a job right?!? put me to work! HA. so to all you men out there who complain about having to go to work, and say you'd love to be able to stay home all day...yeah, think again. as one of the great baby blue's comic strip says (after playing with the baby, chasing, etc for hardly 10 mins and being out of breath the husband turns to his wife) he says "i want to make sure it's clear that i don't go to work to make money to support my family, i go to work to get a break"!!! yeah, being a SAHM is no walk in the park. i mean, being a mom is consuming enough of your time, much less trying to find time for the other things, that if you don't do it, it'll never get done. so, why then with a day that was very productive do i feel so crappy? and why can't i go to bed! 

kathryn was hilarious today. she saw the "bug house" that i had put away about 2 months ago because she was throwing it around (it is a little house my pawpaw's good friend built for me when i was a wee little one, so i want it to be taken care of) and she wanted to play with it. so i told her if she let me fold some laundry while she colored a bit i'd get it down for her. well, i also have this old art set (markers, oil based crayons, colored pencils, paint etc) that i had also when i was a little girl, and some how it survived this long, so i'm letting her use the markers (they are almost gone anyway, so not too much she can harm with them) and so she had fun putting the markers in an empty wipe container, and taking them out through the small slit at the top. when i was done with the laundry (the markers entertained her for the whole time!) she helped me put it away, and when she was putting some of the clothes away in our room she saw the bug house again, and kept pointing and saying " buh house, buh house" so i took it down for her, thanked her for being good, and gave it to her, and the first thing she did was start putting the markers in the house! there is no denying that she is a miniature version of me for sure!! that kept her entertained for a good hour! she was playing with them on our bed, and surprisingly she fell asleep in our bed for her nap! i was so shocked!!! she was really good all day! i think i'll have to do something special for her tomorrow. devote lots of time for just her! well, anyhow. i had better get to bed

4 comments:

Jenn said...

what bug house are you speaking of?? Your super womanness sounds like me when I really get in the mode of cleaning my house, that of course would be on my day off. :)

Holly said...

Wow, i felt a little tired just reading that :) Kathryn is such a sweet girl; I wish I could find something to keep Kailey occupied like that, I guess I just need to be a little more creative.

Holly said...

P.S. thanks for the banana in the formula tip, I'm gonna try it for sure.

Jolie said...

Boy can I relate! now add the wee little ones asking "why", "why", "why" 50,000times, a full time job and no husband to help and you'll really feel crazy, : ) There's truth in the scriptures that tell us that He will only give us that which we can handle OR that which we need to help us grow. And I don't feel too bad some days when I remember Mom did it with 6 of us. And I know that I have been prepped over the course of many more years than you have. You are doing an incredible job! Never forget that and always try to improve and you and your kids will survive beautifully. I still have days when I say "Yeah, I did it!" And days when I cry, kick, and scream : )!!!