Thursday, January 14, 2010

YAY for me!

so without a long boring story, i have a desktop PC that got a worm (virus) on it and the HD needed to be formatted so i could use it again. no way to do that, so i recently took the time to look more into it after being given 2 scrap PC's and with some advice from a friend to get me started and lots of research on the internet, i have learned quite a bit about the hardware on a PC and how things work. i was able to get my PC working, which is huge for me that i did it myself (with helpful advice from a friend). the power supply was bad on my PC but good on one of the PC's i was given, so i switched them out. i also switched out all the hardware of my PC into a bigger case (that came from one of the other PCs i was given) which was also a huge learning experience! i now have the ability to hook up 2 HDs instead of just 1. it took me a while to figure out that i had the jumper on the wrong pins to set the drives to Master/Slave correctly! that was annoying, but now i won't make that mistake again! and the PC works fine now! i was able to format my HD that had the worm on it, and now i can do the other HD's to the PCs i was given.

this is such an accomplishment for me. i mean, it wasn't hard to "learn" what i needed to know to put the PC back together, it simply took time, and now i have the hands on experience! but now this means i can help others with my new talent! or at least lend a helping hand wether i can actually help or not... and i enjoy helping others.

now i can move to the next step and build my own PC from scratch! of course that won't be any time soon...

so... i wanted to post my first update on my new years goals...that way they are always fresh on my mind. (bare with me)


1. being more grateful - complaining less
i think i've done pretty good with this one so far. as far as i can tell! i started a Grateful list and have been adding to it.
2. get organized
i haven't really gotten a chance to really start this one, but i have started to take notes on what i'd like to purchase to help stay organized etc. and i did get to fix the PC which was on my long term to do list!
3. working out
i weighed myself for the week and i'm 146.8. a loss of .2 lbs. i also went to Foxy's last week, and plan to go again tomorrow, and i am starting to do more at home (with the trampoline and all!) i started doing the basics, push ups, crunches (with kids), and some running in the yard!
4. read scriptures
i started in the new testament, and i am on Chap. 5 in Matthew (while studying the seminary manuals too) and i have started reading Ensign articles with my spare time. i generally read bits at least once a day, and i think that helps my mood quite a bit.
5. take the time to take care of me
i could have done better with this last week, i wanted to take a soak in the tub and have a night of relaxing, but didnt! this week i've done a little better. (don't need to get specific on this one...i'm the only one it matters to)
6. FHE
i had a lesson last week and working on the one for this week!
7. focus on the kids happiness
last week i gave them sweet massages, i wanted to teach them that they can calm down and relax too. they both sat stil and let me pamper them. it was cute. this week, i got the train tracks out and built that for them and taught Daniel how to turn on the battery operated train. i also went to the library with kathryn and we had some time to ourselves to read books and pick some to read at home. she loves books, and loved our trip.
8.forgive and forget
i've done good with this, talking with people i normally don't
9. visiting with family and extended family, friends
i have done pretty good with this one, i exceeded my goal for this month already! i know that sounds a bit...silly keeping track, but last year i went weeks without seeing my sisters, and i never noticed (i guess) and i feel like if i keep track, i can see if i'm spending too much time at home, and need to get out and visit. it's been fun, we had a sisters night at Nat's this week, and last week i visited with my granny with Natalie. we are planning a game night with my family, and i am thinking of doing the same for the in-laws. i need to work on the friends side of it now tho. i have made plans to participate in the church activities where my friends from church might be...so that's a start.
10. go to the temple at least once a month
i think i will go next week, so we'll see.
11.be debt free except the mortgage
ooooo, i am excited about this one! i did a "mock" version of our taxes (we haven't gotten our official W-2's in yet) and our tax return will be enough to get us out of debt and save for a van! ironically even tho we bought a house, we still don't have enough deductions to itemize, so it'll be a simple filing again this year, and hopefully soon!
12. work on scrapbooking my pictures/items
i have started on this but i realized, i didn't have any layout ideas... so i went online, and OH MY! tons and tons of ideas for layouts/ cards and that's what i needed to get my brain going again! i am so excited! i really want to keep this going!

so i am feeling pretty good. and since the weather has gotten a bit warmer and i've been going outside, i've been surveying the yard seeing what needs to be done... and of course checking the garden. i want to build it up. i saw some bricks at a house in the front of our neighborhood and i grabbed them before they got thrown away...136 bricks. that's a start! and they were free!

ooo, and has anyone gone to sams recently?! they are getting their spring bulbs and plants in! and they are such great prices! i dunno the quality per se, but i wanna get some and see!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hello, I just started folling your blog but I saw that you work out on your trampoine, what kids of work outs do you do on it, im just curious b/c we are getting my son a trampoline for his bday next month and I think im more excited about it then he will be...lol.

Melanie said...

SOrry for all the typos :P
*FOLLOWING
*TRAMPOLINE
*KINDS